Insights from principals and respected CRE professionals across the country.
Real Capital Markets surveyed investors from around the United States to gauge their investment strategies and outlook heading into 2017. Survey respondents ranged from leaders of global capital markets investment firms to principals from entrepreneurial agencies and private family offices.
Results shows that investors and those that advise them remain diligently focused on identifying opportunities and executing transactions. Many investors remain optimistic in spite of economic conditions, interest rate changes, as well as domestic and international events that could have impacted activity in the short term.
GET THE FULL REPORT NOW!
- Multifamily properties remain as the investment of choice—favored by more than half of the participants, as investors generally view those assets as the most stable and as having the least amount of risk.
- Industrial assets, which have been on a long run with investors, also are favored, with 34 percent of respondents actively seeking these properties.
- The vast majority of investors are looking for value-add opportunities as a means to enhance value and create wealth.
- The middle market ($30M to $100M) has a larger supply of deals and more investors than the over $100M category.
- Geographically, properties in the Southern and Western U.S. are most aggressively targeted by 58 percent and 47 percent, respectively.