In May 2019, Real Capital Markets surveyed its database of office investors to gauge their sentiment on investing in today’s market, including pricing expectations, greatest opportunities and risks, and foreseeable challenges for the remainder of the year.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE REPORT INCLUDE:
- Coworking expansion continues amid investor concerns about market saturation
- Plenty of dry powder on the sidelines and room for deals
- Shortage of quality assets, many considered overpriced
- Investors are cautiously confident for the remainder of 2019
- Suburban investing seeing a resurgence of activity with strong job and population growth
While some of the market issues from 2018 remain, many concerns have burned off. There remains significant capital in the market earmarked for commercial real estate, combined with the expanding coworking trend, steadily moving the market in a watchful yet optimistic direction over the next 6-12 months.