Carlsbad, CA (April 17, 2017)—Tina Lichens, Chief Operating Officer of Carlsbad-based Real Capital Markets (RCM), has been recognized as a Top Woman in Southern California Real Estate by a national real estate and legal industry publisher, ALM Real Estate Media.
The award, announced in early April, recognizes Lichens’ accomplishments in commercial real estate and the charitable work she has been involved in, including efforts supporting the development of professional women in Southern California. ALM Real Estate Media publishes GlobeSt., Real Estate Forum and The American Lawyer.
“It has been tremendously rewarding to see the changing role women play in the world of commercial real estate and to be an active participant in that transformation,” Lichens said.
Lichens oversees operations, marketing and finance for RCM, a global, online marketplace for buying and selling commercial real estate. In that role, she provides strategic direction for all business units and maintains key partner and client relationships.
“In today’s tech-savvy world, pioneering new innovation and achieving broad success are daunting challenges,” said Geoffrey Woodward, Executive Chairman, RCM. “Tina has been a driving force in the firm’s expansion and in overseeing our delivery of innovative products to the market. We are proud of the acknowledgement Tina has received.”
Lichens is a veteran of 21 years in the commercial real estate industry and has spent nearly 16 years at RCM. Before becoming COO, she served in multiple roles within the RCM organization; all were designed to further enhance the overall client experience.
Tina is a member of the San Diego Chapter of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) and Athena San Diego, a professional development association serving women in science and technology. Athena is a community of dynamic women that provides inspiration, education, networking and leadership programs that empower women to realize their true potential.
Following are some noteworthy RCM company highlights achieved under Lichens’ leadership:
- More than 50 percent of U.S. commercial assets sold, over $10 million, are brought to market through RCM’s online marketplace.
- In 2016, RCM facilitated the disposition of 8,508 commercial properties, and loans, connecting buyers and sellers across more than 70 countries.
- Cumulatively, RCM has executed approximately 50,000 assignments with total consideration in excess of $1.8 trillion.
Over the course of the last several years, some of RCM’s innovative, product development rollouts and program highlights include:
- The launch of RCM inSIGHT, the business intelligence platform for CRE brokers and owners that enhances transparency and portfolio performance
- The expansion of Deal Center, a technology platform that enables buyers to source, manage, organize, and pursue CRE investment opportunities
- The completion and release of RCM’s inaugural Investor Sentiment study
About Real Capital Markets:
Founded in 1999, Real Capital Markets (RCM) is the global marketplace for buying and selling commercial real estate. RCM’s marketing, transaction management, and business intelligence solutions streamline the entire commercial real estate sales and marketing process for buyers, sellers, and brokers. From property marketing and due diligence, to bidding and closing, RCM increases the speed, exposure, and security of property and notes sales.
To date, the Company has executed approximately 50,000 assignments with total consideration in excess of $1.8 trillion. Over 50% of all U.S. commercial assets sold, over $10 million, are brought to market using Real Capital Markets’ online marketplace annually.
Follow RCM on: